Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cady in Gymnastics

Cady has always done gymnastics in the evenings and loved it!! I decided to switch her to a day time class so we didn't have to deal with the evening traffic. She's advanced to the "beginner" level gymnastics class. They get to be in the 'big gym' the whole time. She was a little hesitant at first since the kids in the big gym do bigger things and sometimes, the teachers aren't right by their sides... like walking across the balance beam on her own.

Well Cady has really stepped up and is doing awesome in her big girl class. She is doing running cartwheels which apparently require quite a bit of coordination- Hey!! I couldn't do it!! LOL

Well this Monday, it finally happened. She walked across the balance beam all by herself. She was taking teeny tiny baby steps of course but she did it. And then another first happened... she fell off the beam! On her second time across by herself, she lost her balance and just fell. She hit the mats flat on her back and was terrified. Mrs. Kathy ran over to her and gave her a little pep talk. I could see the tears in her eyes from across the room (if only I'd had my camera). Cady got right back up on the beam and finished her way across. I was so proud of her!!! And through her little red eyes, you could see the pride she felt in herself!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

No comments: