Sorry it's been so long but it's been a ridiculously busy couple of months! My kids are getting so big!! Top story of the morning...
AUSTIN STARTED SCHOOL!!
Monday was the big day... the first day of school.... or should I back up...
Austin graduated from First Steps when he turned three this past week (don't worry... that post is coming too!). He is attending the early childhood program at Stony Creek elementary, the same school Cady goes to. His teacher is Mrs. Holbrook. There are about 10 kids in his class and two amazing aides! He attends school Monday through Thursday from 830am til 1130am. He receives all of his therapies at school now... OT, PT, and speech. So, this past Monday was his first day. We've been talking about school, playing with friends and Mrs. Holbrook for a couple of weeks now.
So Monday morning, I took the kids to school. Austin walked down the hallway in his walker, in the midst of lots of BIG kids! He thought he was hot stuff. Once in the classroom, we were able to stop and take some pics!
On Tuesday, Austin statd riding the bus too and from school. Larry and Darlene are this cute, old married couple who drive our three year old to school. The kids sing songs and dance on the way to school. On Tuesday, we practically jumped into Larry's arms! Wednesday, we had a few tears... a few BIG huge, crocodile tears! "No school bus! Momma!!" Oh my. He was done crying before the bus left the neighborhood. Today he was as happy as could be!! He couldn't wait to ride the "yellow school bus" and sing "EIEIO"!!
So t0day was the first day that both kids rode the bus with no tears from anyone... including me! VICTORY!! Personally, I'm doing ok... just okay... I'm sad. I miss my kids. It's too quiet around here! I figure eventually, I will use my quiet mornings to get things done. For now, I'm hibernating on the couch... just trying to get caught up on some "me time".
No comments:
Post a Comment