Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Austin's first haircutS ~June 12

After months of deep thoughts and harassments about Austin's truly crazy hair, we did it!! We took him for his first haircut. Actually it was his second haircut... For those of you who don't know that story... That morning, he apparently had a chunk of food in his hair. Well... Cady came up to me and here's how the story played out...
C: Mommy when are we going to get Austin's haircut?
M: Probably after naptime today.
C: That's good cause I had to cut it just a little bit.
M: You did WHAT!!! (imagine my jaw on the floor)
C: Well he had something black stuck in his hair so I just took my scissors and cut it out.
M: Go get me your scissors.
C: Why?? (imagine the whine)
M: Because you don't ever EVER cut anything but paper.
C: When can I have my scissors back?
M: When you are twelve!!
If I hadn't seen the chunk of hair I probably wouldn't have even noticed. It's a good thing I made his hair cut appointment already. That evening we took Austin to Cookie Cutters for his second haircut. He did such a really good job. It was truly bittersweet but what a big difference it has made. He looks like such a little boy now!! But he'll always be my little baby!!
Sitting in the car
Yep! I'm cute and I know it!
Austin got to watch Barney during his haircut. So still...
Cheeseball!
Oh my!! Don't cut that much!
I can help!!
That face!!

No comments: